AVMA ALTERNATIVE DELEGATE NEEDED
Apply by December 31, 2018!
MVMA is looking to fill the position of AVMA Alternate Delegate from September 1, 2019 to August 31, 2023. This position works in conjunction with the AVMA Delegate to represent the MVMA in the AVMA House of Delegates each year and is responsible for keeping up on issues of concern to the veterinary profession for ongoing discussion with other delegates and the MVMA Board of Directors. The designee acts as a surrogate for the delegate in some MVMA board and other meetings and helps to elect nominees for councils and committees from the state. The individual also acts as a representative on issue-based committees at the AVMA House of Delegates Meetings. Travel is required to attend national and regional meetings three times a year, and MVMA board meetings as necessary.
If you are interested, please contact MVMA at email@example.com or call 517/347-4710. Interested individuals will be asked to submit a letter of intent, CV and responses to the following questions by December 31, 2018.
Questions for AVMA Alternate Delegate Candidates:
- Why are you interested in representing MVMA as the AVMA Delegate or AVMA Alternate Delegate?
- What involvement or leadership positions have you had in organized veterinary medicine at the national, state and local level?
- What leadership positions or experience have you had in your community?
- What experience do you have in addressing veterinary medical issues?
- Do you have the ability to commit to the necessary travel?
- Do you have the ability to understand and leverage power and politics in organizations? How have you demonstrated this ability in the past?
- Do you have the ability to help build consensus? How have you demonstrated this ability in the past?
- What communication skills do you possess and do you work well with people?
- How have you been able to demonstrate your ability to think “strategically”?
Learn More About AVMA Leadership Positions Here